It's been quiet here today for me. I have dishes and laundry to do, a shower to unclog and clean and a living room to be picked up and vacuumed. It never ends for us huh?
The only reason why I'm even doing all of that is because Mark has duty today. It was my Mother's Day present from the Marine Corps, haha. Oh well, thus is the life. If Mark was home today he would kick me in the butt for doing all of that, but I know he won't complain about it when he comes home tomorrow and everything is all nice and clean.
Mark did do a good job of showing his appreciation this year. I don't think I'm a hard person to shop for. I always have a list of things that I would love to have, but he always complains and says that I'm the hardest person to shop for. ??? So not true. =P He surprised me with flowers on Wednesday, something that rarely happens. Whenever I get a big bouquet of flowers I like to split them up into 2 or 3 different arrangements so that I can enjoy them throughout the house. So here is the original bouquet that I then turned into three different arrangements.

#1 on the desk in the living room

#2 on the chest in our room

#3 on the shelf in the dining room

Today I put the last arrangement in a different vase and put them in the kitchen

So that's how I make the most out of a single bouquet. I love all of them but my favorite are the roses in our room. There's nothing better than waking up to a beautiful bouquet of flowers in the morning.
Mark also got me a new bottle of perfume. I am almost out of my Diesel and I had mentioned it a few weeks ago while we were at the Exchange smelling perfumes, so good ears babe. ; ) I favored this one that day and he remembered, something else that also rarely happens...lol.

He also took me to the mall yesterday and got me two shirts, a cute scarf and a couple of bracelets. Any day that he offers to buy me clothes and accessories with his own money is a good day for me. This morning I woke up and found that he put a card on the keyboard so that I would find it once I pulled the keyboard out. All in all he did wonderful and didn't even need to buy me anything. But I did love everything he did for me. =)
Hailey made me a few cards which are proudly on the fridge and at school she made a little hand print picture with this cute poem. It's so sweet and I'm definitely going to frame it and find a place for it on a wall.
I hope all of the Mom's out there had a wonderful day. We are all fantastic Mother's and deserve nothing but the best. You all rock in my book. Lots of love. ♥



5 comments:
I love what you did with all the little flower bouquets. Glad to see you had a good mother's day!!
Awww what a great day for you!! And the flowers are beautiful. I never thought about spreading them throughout the house. Good idea!!
I'm a sucker for pretty packaging! :) Great blog!!
Susan @ www.peanutpetunia.blogspot.com
those are great pictures! you use the light so well! xx
I love flowers - beautiful!
Post a Comment