Here it is in all it's glory. However it has no glory because it's small. It's base housing so what can you really expect, right? lol



The Dining Room


My new message board

The infamous picture wall [that's 5 coats of red paint right there my friends]

And that's all folks. I told you it wasn't much. I do like how it turned out though. With that said, you know there are some things I want to get for in here...lol.
I want to replace the pic that is above the shelf with this piece from Pier 1. They look like plates and it's adorable. I'm waiting for it to go on sale or on clearance first though. $74 is a bit steep for what it is I think.

I want to get baskets for the 4 empty bottom shelves on the shelf. I'm thinking these Ikea ones.

For that empty wall to the left of the sliding glass door I want to make a hand print pic like this one of all of our hand prints. Mark promised he would do it for Mother's Day for me so I'm excited about it.

I've decided Mark needs to either A) buy me a new dining room table or B) strip and refinish the one we have (don't see this ever happening) because his "help" from our last move effed up the top of it. And if you know me at all, then you know my house stuff and furniture is like my livelihood. It's mine and I don't like my stuff getting messed up. I found this one at World Market for $399 and I am lusting over it. (Shh...don't tell Mark though, lol) It's square but it comes with a leaf to make it rectangular like in the pic. Oh how I like it.

And I guess that's it. Hope you like the other half of our downstairs. Next week we're off to the bedroom's so check back for that. =)



10 comments:
You're place is fantastic. You have such a passion for decorating, i love it. I hope one day my house looks 1/2 as good as yours lady!
I love your house so far, Lori!! It's so nice!!
I love the red wall in your dining room!! I kind of laughed though when I read how you did five coats of paint!! Oh, do I know how much of a pain in the ass painting walls red is!! I did one bedroom is fire engine red and the family room in deep red. Ugh. I don't know if I'll ever do that again. HA. And I, also, love the "E" you have on the wall. If you don't mind, I might steal that idea from you, but have a "P", of course.
I love that table you want!! I love tables that come with a leaf. My parents have one, and I just love how it can be normal sized for every day use, but when you have something at your house, you can make it longer using the leaf to accomodate for others.
I can't wait to see the rest of your house!!
the kitchen looks amazing.. i love picture walls, i think every house needs one to make it a home... you have so much talent for decorating, you should totally get paid for helpin others recreate their house.. you would be great at it... miss you guys...
Hello lady with the same taste as me. You're right, we should live next door to eachother and then we can swap stuff when we have an empty spot on a desk or something :P
Um, $399 for that table??? Mark has NO reason to say no over that.
But it's kinda funny bc
1.I asked Kyle a few days ago if he could refinish our table (not only is it banged up but it has white legs and a light wood table top aka ugly.
2. I started a hand print thing last week but it's one handprint in a frame for each family member. I'll have to blog about it :P
omg longestcommenteversorry.
I hate red paint! Just because it does take a million coats. Did you use tinted primer? I only know that it helps because I used to work at the Paint Department at The Home Depot. We were always told to use primer and tint it to almost the same color red that you were planning on useing.
But the wall looks fantastic! Love your decortaing style!
The red picture wall is just awesome! I have a green(favorite color) wall which is just bare, pretty sad really, lol..
ANNDD I see another "E" on top of yor fridge, lol. I see a "E" theme, I like it!
Thank you ladies! You're all way too sweet to me. =)
I didn't use a primer because when we lived in San Diego I had a wall that I pianted red and it only took two coats and it was done. However I couldn't find the same color anymore so I picked a different color in the same brand and figured it would be ok. Obviously though, it took me a whole $25 a gallon worth just for that wall. =(
It was a pain in the ass but Mark was gone so it gave me something to do I guess, lol!
Yep Yannick, perceptive you are. ;) There are a total of 4 E's in the kitchen and dining room. With the possibility of more some day, haha.
Lori it looks fantastic!!! I love the picture wall...Adorable. I think that table you picked out is great too, and a steal. More more we want more...
So that picture (plate) creation from Pier 1 is on Grey's Anatomy. I swear I saw it last night...Weird. But I totally thought of you and smiled!!!
Post a Comment