I've been keeping busy lately by doing some small projects around the house. I wanted to add a few new throw pillows in the living room so I went to Target and got one of those burlap looking pillows which I love. I also won this very neat burlap sack on Ebay. I plan on making it into a pillow cover for the leather chair and I'll post pics once I finish it.

I've been wanting to make a message board for Hailey's room and I found this one at Walmart that was the perfect color. I bought some black ribbon and ribbon bows and gave it a little makeover which you'll see when I post pics of Hailey's room. For now though, this is the before.

I am working on these tissue poms to hang outside from our pergola in the back.

I was sick and tired of looking at our dirty laundry room last week so I decided it was time to fix it up. It was so bad that I didn't even take a before picture, lol. Really though, there was a huge pile of dirty clothes on the floor and just a bunch of crap every where. So I cleared it out, swept, mopped and did the laundry, lol. So it was looking a little better.


Except for the fact that it's bare and boring. Well, I have this old bench that was actually my grandmothers that I had painted an American flag on like 6 years ago. It's well over due for a makeover, so I plan on sanding and re staining the legs, adding some batting to the top of it and reupholstering it with a linen fabric and nail heads. Pictures of that once it's finished as well.

I want to get one of those things that holds your mops and brooms on the wall.

I also want to get this coat rack thingy from Ikea to put above the bench.

And I'm also eyeing this rug to put in front of the washer and dryer.

Did I mention that I won this cute metal locker basket on Ebay to house my laundry detergent, softener and such? I can't wait for it to get here.

I'm excited to get it all fixed up in there. And you can be sure I'll post pics once it's done. =)
While at Lowe's the other day I found my living room rug. As soon as I saw it I knew it was exactly what I had been looking for. It's chenille with a jute border and it will be coming home with me this paycheck.

Speaking of the living room. Remember in my last blog when I mentioned that had I scored some great deals on one of my living room projects? Well, can you guess what it was?

I fixed up the living room window with new curtains and my new bamboo blinds. I got the idea to do drop cloth drapes from Layla over at The Lettered Cottage. She got her canvas drop cloth's for $9.99 a piece which is a heck of a deal. While we were at Home Depot I decided to take a look at them and they had a 2 pack for $9.99! That's under $5 a panel, a major steal! I of course had to get them, I mean really that deal was far too good to pass up. We found the blinds at Lowe's on clearance for $20.99. So I redid the window for about $30. Not too shabby if you ask me. So here is the finished product with the rod raised, the canvas curtains and the new blinds. I love how it turned out.

So that's what I've been up to the past week and what I'll be working on this week. There's nothing like some minor redecorating to keep you busy. =)



4 comments:
Ummmm wow drop cloth curtains is amazing. And dang cheep too! Loving the are rug too!!! There was a girl here selling one that was all jute and I really wanted it but since we are movin' it just didn't seem right since I don't know what flooring we will have.
Looking forward to the burlap sack transformation!
The window looks great!!!
The runner is super cute too, I can't wait to see what you do with the burlap sack.
I think the window turned out great!! And I love those bins for your laundry room. It will look so cute :) Can't wait to see more pictures!!!!
Love your drop cloth panels. Those things are so dang versatile, aren't they?
Post a Comment