


Nothing too exciting going on. The layout of the room sucks. Whoever decided that military people wanted to live in long, narrow living rooms needs to be slapped. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out. A few things have changed from the pictures of it on myspace. The frames with Hailey's art are obviously new. I moved the big vase that was on the desk over to the entertainment center. In it's place I bought a big glass urn like thing and filled it with black river rocks and a big candle.

I would like to make a few changes in here for the Spring and Summer months. To me the rug that's in here now really warms the room up, which is great for the cooler months. But for now I'm wanting a lighter palette. So I'm officially on the lookout for a new area rug. I ideally would like a really nice shag in a dark beige/taupe. All of the shags I have seen at Walmart and Target are a no-go for me. They seem uber 70's and cheapo. With that said I don't want to spend $300+ for one from West Elm or the like. Even though I really like this one, a la Pottery Barn.

It's only $479 for an 8x10, pfft. I'm going to check out Home Goods next week to see what they have and I guess I'll keep my eyes open at Marshall's and Ross.
I would like to get a few new pillows for the couch and chair. I saw these at Target the other day and I must have them. They are a silk fabric but they have a burlap look.

I am also really wanting some bamboo/match stick blinds for the living room window.

My idea is that I'm going to push to the side or take out the back sheer curtains that I have on the rod currently. Then raise the rod up 6 inches or so. Why I didn't do that from the beginning I don't know, because I have plenty of fabric on the drapes for it to go up some more. I need to go shop around to see who has the blinds the cheapest, but I think some might be coming home with me real soon.
That's pretty much for the living room. Only a few things but not cheap fixes. Hopefully I can do some hunting around and find what I want on the cheap. Stay tuned for more of the house tour. Next week we're off to the Kitchen and Dining room.



5 comments:
So beautiful. I love all the warm and rich colors! We put those Bamboo shades in my father in law's house. They are wonderful. So nice!!! And it's something new and exciting. Blinds are boring, lol!!!
Your living room is gorgeous. Looks like something out of a magazine!
Those burlap looking pillows are awesome, never would have thought they were silk! And of course you know I love your living room :)
I love your living room!! It's very "inviting" - which is absolutely necessary in a home!! Nothing worse than walking into a house with a nasty living room. HA.
I really like the blinds you want to get, as well as the pillows. I think I will be getting new pillows for our couches whenever we move back down here later this year because they are a MESS!!
Your living room is just lovely! I actually have bamboo blinds in my house, In the common area and in my room.
Post a Comment