CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 08, 2009

A few things

If you know anything about Big 12 college football, you know that Sooners and Longhorns are mortal enemies. Now I'm obviously not a Florida fan but you can imagine how thrilled I am that Florida beat OU for the championship tonight. Haha!! That's what you get Oklahoma. We were shafted from the Big 12 title thus screwing us for the national championship, so no I have no sadness for your loss Sooners, sorry. =) So that wraps up the college football season for 2008. Looking forward to September and the start of a hopefully winning and successful season.


On to other news, I plan on doing a blog tomorrow or on Saturday about my goals for the new year. Yes I realize that we're well over a week into the New Year, but I keep putting it off for some reason. Even then my goals aren't really goals as much as a list of stuff I would like to do, lol. Same, difference right?


In keeping with my things to do theme, I was able to scratch one thing off today. I have been in the process of re-doing our room decor. Before I had a chocolate brown and deep red thing going on. Over the past couple of years I have decided to change it up and do a more relaxing, spa/zen feeling. So I am doing more blue grey's, chocolate brown, black and crisp white. I needed to buy a new nightstand lamp, but I've been putting it off because I knew that the kind that I wanted was pricey. (for a lamp anyways) But today I finally got one that I really like and I'm one step closer to finishing our room. You don't want to know how much I paid for it and I can never tell Mark because he would shit his pants and throw it out of the window, lol. But like I said, I love it. I still have to finish painting our room. It's been half painted for 2 months now. I made a promise to myself that I would finish it this weekend, we'll see about that. We're getting there though. Well I'm getting there. Lord knows Mark never has anything to do with my decorating endeavors. Here's my pretty new lamp.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo pretty. Can't wait to see pictures of the finished room, well that is if you share. I know it's a private space. You better get it ready for Mark though!!! Although I'm not sure how much he is going to care...wink wink :)

Their Mommy His Wife said...

ohh i love it (i'm guessin it was like 80$ for the lamp)& like ashlee i can't wait to see what your room looks like & all your new furniture... one day we will actually have a bedroom set & living room set...

Ashleigh said...

Love the lamp!! Kyle never knows or asks how much I spend on house stuff...probably bc he spends so much on guns that he cant say a dang word:p I could get bright red furiture and he wouldnt notice. Oh and to reply to your comment from my doggie post, she's a German Shephard/lab mix :)

AlanaMarie said...

Love the lamp, you wanna come decorate my new place, i suck at decorating, my house just looks like one hot mess.