Gosh I'm tired tonight. I'm sitting here surfing the web/watching Jumper. For the record Hayden Christensen is pretty cute in this movie. Let be honest though, he's no James Franco. Can you say rawr? lol Ok, I'm behaving now. In my defense I can't help it. It's been over 6 months ok, I'm a little pent up!
The chalkboard says 14 days today. Two weeks to go. That is unreal to me. I've only talked to Mark once in the past week. It stinks but he's so busy with his last minute missions and stuff that he really has no time. Hopefully this time next week he'll be done with his business and back at the big base waiting for a flight out. OMG a flight out, as in a flight out of that country...awesome! Sorry, sometimes it just hits me out of no where that we are seriously close to him coming home. Loves it.
I was able to cross a few things off of my list's the past couple of days. I still have a boat load of stuff to do though. Hailey has tomorrow off so hopefully we'll be able to sleep in and I'll wake up refreshed and ready to tackle some things. We'll see and I'll let yall know.
Now I hate to sit here and vent but I just want to get a few things off my chest. 1 is I really despise California drivers. 3 times today I almost got hit by d bags, 3 times.
- The first was when I was out in town. I was leaving the big Walmart and was getting into the far right lane (I was in the next lane over). We went past the intersection, because last I read it was illegal to change lanes in an intersection. Anyways I'm getting over to the right lane, it's clear, there's no one over there because they were making a right at the light and out of no where there this wacko on my ass blaring his horn at me. Turns out it was the dude from the far left lane that was coming over 3 lanes. And he has the nerve to honk at me for having my blinker on and getting into the right lane, lol! So I slammed on my brakes on purpose to piss him off. I'm sure he almost hit me but that's what he gets. I mean really? *sigh*
- The second instance was when I was leaving base. When you're getting off base and going on I-5 South you have to be in the right lane. Well there is also an off ramp from the people that were going North on the 5 that leads into this lane. Here's the deal though, they have a yield sign. Now maybe this is a Texas thing because these Californians don't understand it, but when you have a yield sign, it means you have to yield to on-coming traffic. No, no, no. These people don't understand that. So I'm in the far right lane there this guy coming off the 5 on this exit ramp and I see him, but I'm not going to let him in. We're going at a steady pace and guess what? YOU'VE GOT A YIELD SIGN. So he tries to come over and I'm like pssht, no. You can get behind me since you have forgotten how to obey posted signs. *sigh²*
- The last incident of the day came when I was coming back on base. When you exit from the 5 for Camp Pendleton there is a street that you can turn on right as you get off of the freeway. So I exit and it turns into a 2 lane road that leads to the front gate. So I'm in the left lane and there's a mini van in the right lane as we are exiting the freeway. There is a guy that is on that side right street and he pulls out in front of the mini van. Now please keep in mind that we just exited the freeway not 20 feet ago, so we're still going 60 mph and he pulls out in front of this van. The mini van was maybe 5 feet ahead of me in the right lane but since the guy saw that he was ahead of me he came over to my lane. Now I may have been just barely behind the mini van but I was still going faster than him so I was about to pass it. That is until this d bag pulls out in front of me going 25! I had to slam on my brakes just so I didn't rear end him. I was like "WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!" No really, I yelled that out of my window. So the van passes and then I get over and pass the stellar motor operator while giving him major stink eye and shaking my head. I mean really, who does this? Crazy people that can't drive, that's who. *sigh³*
Sorry for the vehicular drama there but I had to tell someone about it and I don't know when I'll get to talk to Mark again, lol. So yeah, that was my fun filled day. It's always an adventure when you leave base over here. Oh, before I forget. Hi to my new readers, the ones who have subscribed and the ones that like to just look. Hope you're enjoying my digs. 
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Just blogging to blog
Posted by Lori at 8:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
ahh, those drivers remind me of the drivers here soooo much. Especially when you cross the line from NH to MA which is like 2 minutes away. The "mass holes" as ppl call them, are aweful. I'm glad you know about the yield sign and how it works, because here..people just don't seem to understand that they DON'T have the right of way! Drive and stay safe! ...and omg 2 weeks!! I hope it flies by and you get to cross more things off your list!
Hey sweets. I can't see your blog so add me? [enter cute face here, lol] Here's my email addy: lrtespinosa@yahoo.com
Oh course I read...I love your bloggy blog blog :)
I love your bloggy blog too. ♥
aww i'm sorry i thought i had added you, sorry hun. I sent you an invite..be aware, my life is really boring :p
I've been lurking, but now you know that I'm reading. :P I have to agree with the CA drivers. Pshh, girl, I can't count how many times I want to yank someone out of their vehicle & slap them silly! And I'm pretty sure none of them can drive in the rain!
How effing exciting that you're SO close to homecoming! Lemme know if ya need anyone to come take pictures or anything at all! Wee!
Post a Comment