CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

To the D-bag that stole our money, F you

So you know when you have those days where you just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and you feel like everything has turned to shit? That's how I have felt for the past 2 weeks. I'm not depressed or anything but I let things get to me too easily. Some people know about this but I'll fill you in in case you don't. Someone, somehow got a hold of my bank card number and racked up almost $800 worth of shit from Target.com and two cell phone payments. All of this was 3 days before Christmas. So there we were with a negative $800 balance in the bank, it was lovely. Merry effing Christmas to us right? Well Marine Fed have been dicks about the situation. I had to call 3 times just to get my bank card cancelled and a few more times just to get everything clear on what I needed to do. Mark was beyond pissed about the whole situation and the fact that their lazy asses didn't immediately cancel my debit card when I called the first time. If they had about $500 worth of fraudulent charges wouldn't have been made and allowed to post. He was so mad that he made me give him a number for Marine Fed so that he could call them. Now if my husband in Iraq is calling you about this then you know it's pretty bad.

So come pay day we get paid and we have about 400 dollars left over. Let me say that thank God we are getting deployment pay because if we weren't we would have had like $150 to pay bills with and live off of, which is impossible. Anyways, I'm told that I don't need to notarize anything. Just print and fill out this paperwork and fax it in. So I do that. I get a call the next Monday saying that the 5 people that told me that I didn't have to notarize it were wrong and that I need to do that and mail it in. Great. 3 effing times I go to notarize this shit at Kinkos and the notarize douche had a) gotten off early, b) had the day off and c) at the bank !!! Finally I was like look, I'm going to go sit down in that chair and you let him know when he gets in that I'm waiting for him. So finally 3 weeks later after all of this leg work we got our money back. However after 3 weeks I still don't have a new debit card, lol. It's all too funny, except no...it's not. I know I'm going to have to call Marine Fed and see what's going on with the investigation. I hope that they find out who did this and I hope they have exsplosive diarrhea for months on end for stealing my husbands hard earned money.

10 comments:

Lycia Boucher said...

omg Lori. I'm shocked after reading about the money situation. How is it that the bank didn't freeze your account after you went into the negatives? I don't have NavyFed yet, but i know that Bank of America usually doesn't let you keep using your card if you go past what you have. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, especially for having to deal with all this people, and have it take so long to get your money back. That is just ridiculous!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I didn't realize all this had happened to you, like you need added stress, I mean come on. It's amazing how often this has been happening, and with the economy like it is...gesh. I second the explosive diarrhea with a hint of vomit. Okay that's just gross, sorry. Love you lady.

Shea Posey said...

So wait, the bank took the 800 out of Mark's check once he got paid? But they're refunding you, right? Oy, I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. I bet you're ready to bust some heads! I really hope everything works out soon. We don't have Marine Fed, we have Navy fed but somehow, there's like $200 missing from each check. So we're switching to usaa before he gets out cause they're awesome.

Their Mommy His Wife said...

that is crazy bullshit what marine fed did, which was they were doing crap to help you out... I would go in there, take all my money out of the account & tell them to fuck off literally cause that is just nuts!!!! & what goes around comes around & whoever did that to you guys will get theres....
wouldn't they be able to figure out who used it since they paid for two phones?

Ashleigh said...

Oh my Lord you do not need this :( First your car and now your $$. I so hope that it all works out asap with no more complications on the lame banks part. WTF? People are freggin' heartless bastards.

NataciaPaige said...

That suck so bad I'm so sorry! If they paid 2 cell phone bills you should be able to back track to a name. There's gotta be something on your bank statement that has their account info on it or phone number or something! I hope this gets straightened out and you get all of your money back!

Lori said...

People are absolutely heartless bastards. I asked them why they couldn't put a hold on our account once we went into the negative and the lady said it had something to do with the fact that it was a checking account and not a credit card. ??? I'm calling bullshit on that one. Like I said though yesterday we were refunded all of our money and the $200 worth of non-sufficient fund fees we were assessed. I'm assuming that because things were bought online from Target.com and because that stuff has to be shipped somewhere, that they will be able to figure out who did it. Glad for the most part it's all over. Just waiting on my debit card now, lol.

Their Mommy His Wife said...

that is such BS, we use navy fed now since Marine fed is to far away from us & saying we only have like 10$ in our account & try to purchase something that is 12$ it won't even go through it will be declined. I'm just glad you finally got everything back & how it should be.

Lori said...

Yeah, we're going to change banks once Mark comes home seeing how we are on the opposite side of the country from Marine Fed now. Really, the only good thing about Marine Fed is that we get paid a day earlier than everyone else, lol. Other than that they suck.

Anonymous said...

Oh USAA does too!! I know you can't go into the bank, but you can make deposits at home, get insurance and everything else. We love them.