CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Overachiever

I know I said I would make a post like this like two weeks ago. I suck. I have been feeling very overwhelmed lately. I don't like that I'm the type of person that feels like I have to do everything and that it has to be near perfection in order to be complete. It's draining and I have so much I need to do before Mark comes home that I know my exhaustion will only get worse in the next two weeks.

I am a serious list person. I get gratification from making lists and crossing things off of those lists. That said, I cannot function without my notebook. It's filled with about a year's worth of lists. See for yourself.


Photobucket




I wanted to make a post to get some stuff I need and want to do out of my head. A lot of it is stuff before Mark comes home that I need to do but some of it is also things that I would like to accomplish this year while Mark is home. So here we go, get out now while you can, lol.



Things to do before Mark comes home

- clean the carpets (upstairs and downstairs)
- plant some flowers in the front planters
- take down the lighted garland around the front door (yes there is still some Christmas garland around my door, lol)
- hang the flag back up (it was windy one day and it flew out of the holder)
- finish these signs, ahhh!
- hang up all of the signs
- hang up the picture frames in the downstairs bathroom
- do a thorough cleaning of the house the day before Mark comes home
- finish hanging up Mark's frames in the hallway upstairs
- paint a new pic for the bathroom upstairs
- hang up a pic in the hallway above my makeup
- finish Hailey's room (asides from her new book shelf that Mark will have to help me get)
- make Hailey a new bed pillow
- hang up some pics in Hailey's room
- hang up the last 2 things in our room




Things I need to buy before Mark comes home

- a vase for the downstairs bathroom
- flowers for the front
- canvas for the pic I need to paint in the upstairs bathroom
- some wood matchstick blinds for the window here in the living room ??? (that's a maybe)
- new towels for the bathroom (2 big blue towels/1 blue washcloth/& 2 brown washcloth's)
- new bathroom rug
- something to hold our toothbrushes
- a perfectly matching my walls, blue throw pillow for my bed




Things to get after Mark comes home

- the chest for our room
- 2 euro cushions from Ikea
- 2 euro cushion covers from Ikea
- Hailey's bookcase from Ikea/canvas bins for the bookcase
- 4 baskets from Ikea for my shelf in the dining room

As you can see most of those things are from Ikea and I'm not making an Ikea trip before Mark comes home, lol. The chest to match our bed is going to have to be one of those me and Mark day trips. Hopefully it will fit in our car because our bed stuff barely fit in Andres' truck.




Things I would love for us to do when Mark comes home

- relax
- sleep in
- make out several times a day
- eat out at our favorite places down in San Diego
- play video games together for hours on end
- spend one day while Hailey is in school together in bed (breakfast in bed/reading/talking)
- make a trip up to the outlets in Lake Elsinore
- day trip to Anaheim (can you say Sonic and Lush?)
- go to the beach one day while Hailey is in school, just me and Mark. I want to just lay there, tan and read with my lover
- take Chewie to the dog beach
- plan and take a 4 day trip up to San Fransisco (I can't wait for this one!)
- depending on how much tickets are next month, go to Hawaii to see Joe, Tanya and the kids in August
- road trip home. It's been two years since we we've been home and I miss it
- take a family portrait on the beach
- stay at that awesome resort Jon & Kate did in San Diego for a weekend
- clean out the garage
- visit Andres and Trichelle and see my new niece on the East coast
- go see Mary
- go to a UT football game this year
- have one full day alone with Mark, we've only spent one night away from her in the almost 6 years of her life
- go ice skating as a family
- try not to break anything while ice skating, lol
- go school shopping together for Hailey's 1st grade year
- watch Mark and Hailey laugh and play together everyday
- savor every minute together
- just breathe


I could go on and on but you get the drift. I hope we can accomplish just a fraction of those things this year. Even though it doesn't matter what we do, so much as Mark is here with us. *sigh* I can't wait. Now I'm off to cross some of those things off my list.

3 comments:

Yanick said...

Hiya Lori. Its Yanick (Opheiliamath) from Grits! Glad I found your blog, hope you don't mind if I follow and read.

Wow, I had to admit my eyes began to cross reading your to do list. I hope you get all done, but if you don't all that matters is that Mark is home! YAY for being in the teens by the way!

The resort Jon & Kate stayed at was that the one with the beach like two step away from the backyard and the pond were they fed the fish? Or maybe that was Hawaii. Anywhoo I hope you get to go.

Lori said...

Hey girl! Of course you can read!

I know my list's are out of control, lol. Oh well what can you do?

And yeah it was when J & K were in SD. I've actually seen that place driving down there in Mission Bay and I always wondered what it was. I can't wait until it warms up so that we can get down there and relax.

Anonymous said...

I love your lists <3